Carrot and Corn Breakfast Waffle
Makes 4 servings
1 ½ cups Flour
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Paprika
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
1 cup Fresh milk
3 Tbsps Sugar
2 Tbsps Canola oil plus more for greasing
1 stalk Chives or spring onions, chopped
½ cup Corn kernels
1 cup Grated carrots
Butter, for serving
½ cup Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine milk, egg, sugar, and oil. Add the flour mixture to the milk mixture and stir until just blended.
- Fold in the chives, corn, and half of the grated carrots.
- Preheat waffle maker. Coat with oil. Pour half cup of batter mixture and top with the remaining grated carrots.
- Serve warm with butter and maple syrup on the side.