Warm up to a creamy, comforting bowl of pumpkin soup!
Pumpkin Apple Soup
Makes 4-5 servings
4 Tbsps Butter
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 cup Chopped white onions
2 ½ cups Diced squash
2 Apples peeled, cored and diced
3 cloves Garlic, minced
*Salt and pepper, to season
3 cups Chicken broth
½ cup Apple juice
1 cup Heavy cream
½ cup Croutons
- Melt butter in a large saucepot over medium heat then add olive oil. Add the onions and squash then sauté until soft.
- Add apples and garlic. Cook for five minutes until apples have softened. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour in the chicken broth and apple juice then simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook for another five minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the soup cool down. Using a blender or food processor, purée the mixture in batches. Once puréed to desired consistency, return the soup to the saucepot and reheat before serving.
- Pour into individual bowls and add top with croutons before serving.