This Spanish dish can be eaten as is, paired with your choice of cerveza or wine. It also be enjoyed as a viand where you can dip freshly-toasted bread into the flavorful extra virgin olive oil its cooked it. For a quick meal that will guarantee the boldest of flavors, this recipe is for you.
SALPICAO CON CHORIZO
Makes 6-8 servings
1 kilo Beef tenderloin
2 Beef broth cubes
3 Tbsps Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsps Liquid seasoning
¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup Chopped garlic
2-3 Chorizos, sliced diagonally
½ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice beef tenderloin into cubes or strips. Cut off any silvery skin on the loin.
- Crumble beef broth cubes with a fork. Mix crumbled beef broth cubes with the Worcestershire sauce and liquid seasoning. Marinate sliced beef in this marinade for 1-2 hours.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan. Sauté garlic until it becomes golden brown. Remove garlic and set aside.
- In the same pan with the garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil, sauté chorizo slices until fat has rendered from the sausages. Remove chorizo slices and set aside.
- Cook beef tenderloin in the hot oil for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, or until desired doneness is reached.
- Mix in fried garlic and chorizo slices. Cook everything together for about a minute then turn off heat. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Atty. Gaby Concepcion
Photographed by Miguel Abesamis of Studio 100
Need more recipes for Spanish small plates? Click here?