Wake up to Pinoy classics made more incredible and exciting! This Pineapple Chicken Tocino with Basil recipe gives a modern twist to your regular tocino adding a sour kick from pineapple juice and a touch basil for that herby taste!
Pineapple Chicken Tocino with Basil
1 kilo chicken thigh meat, boneless and skinless
3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup tomato ketchup
½ cup finely chopped basil or ½ tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
Chilli flakes (optional)
- Pound the chicken thigh with a mullet until flat. Set aside
- Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, basil, garlic and onion powder. Season with salt and pepper
- Massage the chicken with the marinate mixture until well distributed and evenly colored. Store in a container or ziplock bag refrigerate overnight to cure.
- In a skillet over medium heat add chicken including marinate and enough water to cover the chicken. Bring to boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer until meat is tender and cooked through. Add water is needed. When water evaporates and meat is tender add oil and cooked until caramelized.
- Serve hot with rice and egg.