Want to cook for dad but you can’t quite grasp the whole cooking-with-fire thing yet? Here’s an easy recipe for you! This pako salad recipe is easy to assemble and will surely impress anyone that takes a bite of it.
Pako Salad with Salted Egg Vinaigrette
Recipes by Celine Clemente-Lichauco
Photographed by Ron Mendoza of Studio 100
Makes 5-6 servings
2 bunches Fresh fiddlehead fern (pakô)*
3 Tomatoes, quartered
1 Onion, sliced into slivers
2 Tbsps Toasted cashew nuts, chopped or halved
6-8 slices Dried mangoes, sliced into strips
Salted Egg Vinaigrette:
4 Salted eggs, peeled
½ cup Olive oil
¼ cup Calamansi juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash pakô and discard lower stalks. Pick out the tender cuts and place in a bowl. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- In a salad bowl, arrange pakô, tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle cashew nuts and dried mangoes on top.
- Make the Salted Egg Vinaigrette:
- To make the Salted Egg Vinaigrette, cut the peeled salted eggs in half and scoop out the yolks. Set aside the whites. Mash the salted egg yolk and mix in olive oil and calamansi juice. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the salted egg whites and sprinkle on top of the salad. Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad or serve vinaigrette on the side.