Made too much adobo? Enjoy it in a different way by making these Loaded Adobo Flakes Quesadillas! This recipe is a quick and easy addition to your weekly menu! Just arrange the adobo flakes on the top of a quesadilla and garnish it generously some onion, cucumber slices, salsa, and grated cheese!
Loaded Adobo Flakes Quesadillas
Makes 7-8 servings
2-3 cups Cooked pork adobo
8-10 Large tortilla wrappers
2-3 Red onion, sliced
1 Cucumber, seeded and sliced
¾ cup Store-bought salsa
¼ cup Chopped cilantro
2-3 cups Shredded cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
2 tsps Honey
Salt and ground black pepper, to season
1. In a bowl flake the pork adobo. Set aside.
2. Start layering the quesadilla. Take a piece of tortilla then arrange about ½ cup of pork adobo flakes, sliced onions, cucumber slices, salsa, cilantro, and ½ cup of cheddar cheese on top. Top with another piece of tortilla. Do this with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Set a large frying pan over medium heat. Carefully move a quesadilla over the frying pan and let it heat through until the cheese melts and the tortilla begins to toast. Flip to toast the top side of the quesadilla.
4. When done, remove from heat and cut into eight pieces. Let it cool a little before serving.
5. Whisk mayonnaise sriracha, and honey together in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Drizzle the dressing on top of quesadilla or serve on the side.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Maya Kitchen
With The Maya Kitchen, you’ll surely never run out of new and creative ideas on how you can give your family a more colorful and delicious culinary experience every day. For more easy and impressive meals, check out The Maya Kitchen’s basic cooking and baking classes or log on to www.themayakitchen.com for more menu ideas.
Need recipes for your leftovers? Check these out: