Eating a big plate of Carbonara can be a heartwarming experience. There’s the indulgence of creamy coating with every fettucine strand, the fun, familiar taste of crispy bacon, and the filling savoriness of mushrooms. It may not be the traditional Italian kind, but our creamy Carbonara delights with every twirl. Hope you enjoy cooking this recipe as much as we did!
FETTUCINE ALA CARBONARA
Makes 5-6 servings
1 (375ml) can Evaporated milk
1 (298g) can Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 Egg yolks
2 Tbsps Butter
15 strips Bacon, chopped
1 Small white onion, chopped
1 (400g) can Jolly Whole Mushrooms, halved
Salt and pepper, to season
Pinch of ground nutmeg
½ cup Bacon bits, for garnish
3 Tbsps Grated Parmesan cheese
Chopped parsley, for garnish
500g Fettucine, cooked al dente
- Combine evaporated milk, Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup, and egg yolks in a bowl then mix everything until well-blended. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the bacon and let the fat render. Remove ¾ of the bacon before it crisps. Let the remaining bacon crisp then remove from heat. Reserve the bacon bits.
- Using some of the bacon fat as oil, add onion, Jolly Whole Mushrooms, and sauté for five minutes.
- Pour in the Jolly Cream of Mushroom mixture into the pan and let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes or until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Toss in Fettucine pasta and mix well.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to plates. Top each Carbonara serving with bacon bits, grated Parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Looking for other delightful pasta recipes? Click on these recipes: