An unbeatable combination that’s perfect to share for your loved ones!
Family Meat Loaf
¾ kilo Ground beef
¼ kilo Ground pork
1 (400 g) can Whole or diced tomatoes, mashed and drained
1 1/4 cups Rolled oats
2 Medium onions, chopped finely
2 tsps Salt (or to taste)
1 tsp Pepper
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp Liquid seasoning
½ tsp Dry mustard
½ tsp Garlic powder (optional)
½ tsp Celery seed (optional)
½ tsp Ground sage (optional)
FOR THE TOPPING:
6-8 Tbsps Tomato catsup or bottled barbecue sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, well-drained mashed tomatoes, rolled oats, and eggs. Season with salt, pepper, liquid seasoning, dry mustard. Add garlic powder, celery seed and ground sage, if using. Mix thoroughly.
- Pack meat mixture in an 8 x 4” ungreased loaf pan. Generously top meat loaf with catsup (or barbecue sauce) for added flavor.
- Bake for 1 hour up to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Take out of oven and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Drain excess liquid fat from meat loaf before serving.
Forty Winks Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
1/2 kilo Potatoes, washed and peeled, and cut thinly or sliced with a mandolin
1 tetra pack All-purpose cream
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
½ tsp Paprika (optional)
½ cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Mix cream salt and pepper together in a bowl. Toss in sliced potatoes until well coated with the cream.
- Arrange sliced creamy potatoes in a shallow baking dish. Cover with clear wrap and microwave for 10-15 minutes.
- Spread cheeses on top of the mixture and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until melted and golden brown. Serve as a side dish to the meatloaf.