Get a kick of Cajun spices with this flavourful taco recipe!
Blackened Fish Tacos Makes 4 servings 1 (500g) Tilapia fillet, sliced into 4 1 Tbsp Cajun spice mix 2 tsps Lime (dayap) juice or calamansi or lemon juice 1 Tbsp Cooking oil 4 pcs Corn tortilla 2 Tbsps Pico de gallo 1 Ripe avocado, halved lengthwise, pitted, and sliced into 1 cm thick 2 Tbsps Sour cream 4 Cilantro leaves
- Rub and coat Cajun spice mix on each side of the tilapia fillet. Then, squeeze lime juice on each portion.
- Heat cooking oil in a non-stick pan. Pan fry seasoned tilapia fillet until golden dark brown on each side and flesh turns white and flaky. The internal temperature should be at least 145°F.
- To assemble, top the corn tortilla with a blackened fish fillet then add a tablespoon of pico de gallo, and three slices of avocado. Drizzle sour cream on top and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve with the Blackened Fish Tacos.