Thinking of a nice and fun treat for both the kids and kids at heart? Then make these super easy to do Salted Caramel Apple Quarters! Do them with a young one or with your friends. The cool part is you can even do a dipping buffet with different toppings, sprinkles, and sauces.
SALTED CARAMEL APPLE QUARTERS
Makes 4 servings
½ cup Sugar
2 Tbsps Water
¼ cup Heavy cream
1 Tbsp Unsalted butter
½ tsp Salt
2-3 Red apples
1 cup Chopped peanuts
Chocolate syrup, to drizzle
- Combine sugar and water in a sauce pot over low heat then stir to combine. Turn to medium heat and let it simmer without stirring for about ten minutes or until the mixture is amber in color.
- When the caramel is ready, slowly stir in the heavy cream and continue simmering until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and salt. Set aside to cool completely.
- When the caramel has already cooled, slice the apples into quarters and take out the core. Skewer each quarter with a barbecue stick.
- Dip each apple skewer in the cooled salted caramel then dip in the chopped peanuts.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup before serving.
Check out these other wickedly sweet treats: