Give your merienda a Mediterranean twist with this refreshing recipe!
Minted Green Pea Hummus
Makes about 1 ½ cups
200g frozen green peas
juice of 1 ½ lemon
100ml olive oil
a handful of mint leaves
1 peeled clove of garlic
salt and pepper to taste
- Quickly blanch the peas in boiling water for about ten seconds and cool immediately under running cold water. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- When cooled down place the peas in a food processor with the peeled garlic clove and the mint leaves. Give it a few pulses then puree everything while slowly adding in the olive oil.
- Add the lemon juice. Make sure everything is well blended and you may adjust the consistency to your liking by adding a little more or less olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crudités and some pita crisps.