Build your dream burger by putting in your choice toppings and condiments. Throw in some French fries or potato chips on the side, a bottle of beer, and you’ve got yourself a great meal in the making. But one sure way of perfecting your patty to make more juicy and filling is by adding some mushrooms into the mix! We bet that you’re going to savor and enjoy this simple addition with every bite.
Makes 10-12 cheeseburgers
500g Lean ground beef
¼ cup Brown sugar
1/3 cup Grated onion
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
2 Tbsps Oyster sauce
1 (400g) can Jolly Mushrooms Pieces and Stems, drained and chopped
2/3 cup Good Life Bread Crumbs
1 Egg, beaten slightly
½ tsp Ground black pepper
½ cup Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil
10-12 Hamburger buns, cut crosswise
10-12 Sandwich cheese slices
4 Tbsps Jolly Real Mayonnaise
4 Tbsps Ketchup
10-12 Lettuce leaves
20-24 Pickle slices
2 cups Button mushrooms, sautéed in 1 tsp butter and seasoned with salt and pepper
Salt and pepper, to season
- Combine ground beef, brown sugar, onions, garlic, oyster sauce, Jolly Mushrooms Pieces and Stems, Good Life Bread Crumbs, and egg in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients until well-blended. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight so the flavors will meld.
- When ready to cook, use a ½ measuring cup to measure a patty. Shape each patty into rounds using your hands by forming it into a ball and pounding it flat. Do this until all the patties are formed.
- Heat the Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook until the patties are browned on both sides. When a patty is almost cooked place a slice of cheese on top and let it slightly melt.
- To assemble, take the bottom part of a hamburger bun and spread a bit of mayonnaise and ketchup. Layer in the lettuce leaf, two pickle slices, cooked burger patty with melted cheese, a tablespoon of sautéed mushrooms finish with the top bun.
- Serve immediately with French fries on the side.