Baked chicken goes the Mediterranean route
SPINACH & FETA STUFFED CHICKEN
Recipe by Celine Clemente-Lichauco
Photographed by Mike Cuevas
Makes 5-6 servings
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Medium onion, chopped
3 cups Fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1 tsp Lemon zest
¼ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
3 pcs Whole chicken breast, skin on
Salt and pepper, to season
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil. Sauté until onion is soft.
- Next, add spinach leaves and cook until wilted.
- Remove from heat and squeeze in lemon juice. Add lemon zest and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool and set aside.
- Wash the chicken breast and pat with paper towels until dry. Make a cut in the middle part of the chicken breast with a sharp knife, slicing it open like a sandwich but not cutting all the way through. Season insides with salt and pepper.
- Divide cooled spinach mixture among chicken breasts. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange chicken on a non stick baking dish. Bake chicken uncovered at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breast. Remove toothpick before serving.