Every day should be a longganisa day
Longganisa and Salted Egg Pasta
Makes 3-4 servings
6-8 Vigan longganisa
2 Tbsps Water
¼ cup Olive oil
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Onion, diced
1 Tomato, diced
1 tsp Cane vinegar
*Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
¼ kilo Spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package instructions,
reserve pasta water
½ cup Reserved pasta water
2 Salted eggs, roughly chopped
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, place the longganisa in water and cover to steam for 2-3 minutes. Remove cover and continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add olive oil and prick each longganisa with a fork, letting the fat ooze out. Carefully crumble with a knife and continue cooking until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic, onions, and tomatoes. Add the cooked longganisa bits and continue sautéing.
- Add the vinegar and a splash of reserved pasta water and stir to mix. Simmer for 1-2 minutes so that all the flavors are incorporated. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss until mixed through. If pasta seems too dry, add pasta water in increments and toss to mix. Adjust seasoning before removing from heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with salted eggs. Serve hot.