Supermarket staples given a gourmet twist!
Franks and Beans Casserole
6 jumbo or 8 regular Beef frankfurters, sliced diagonally
3 cans (425g) Pork and beans
2 Medium sized white onions, quartered then sliced
3 Medium eggs
1 cup Grated cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp Cooking oil
- In a frying pan, heat the cooking oil and sauté onions until tender. Add franks and continue to sauté until cooked. Set aside.
- Pour the beans into an oven-proof Pyrex dish (12 inches x 5 inches x 1-3/4 inches). Add the sautéed hotdogs and onions on top of the beans.
- Crack the 3 eggs on top of the hotdog and beans. Make sure
the yolks remain whole.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the entire dish, ensuring that the yolks are visible.
- Put the dish into the oven and bake at medium heat until the cheese
has melted and the egg yolks have firmed. Serve hot with pandesal, whole wheat bread or even with rice.
TIP: You may use any kind of sausage such as English breakfast links, country sausages or Vienna sausages. You may omit the onions for these types of sausages.